Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Four Way Wednesday: Summer Dress

Being a lazy chick who doesn't like to look like she's being lazy, dresses are a fantastic asset to my warm weather wardrobe. I try to stuff my spring/summer closet with dresses that work in a variety of situations. And when I say variety, I don't mean throwing a suit jacket over a bodycon dress. My office is corporate enough (and I'm old enough) to know that there is no way that's going to be appropriate for me.

Tory Burch's Valerie dress fits the bill for so many occasions. It's green and white print is eye-catching without being overwhelming, and the low cut back is exactly right for when you want to show a little skin, yet can be hidden under a jacket or sweater when you want to look a bit more buttoned up. Let's have a look:
1/2/3/4/5/6
I need heels for work. It makes me feel powerful. I also need a big bag to stash my flipflops in when I slip my heels on. The dark chambray jacket covers the open back of the dress, keeps your body temp from hitting hypothermia from the office HVAC and provides professionalism all in one go. I don't like to go crazy with jewelry at the office, and a short chunky link chain compliments the high neckline of the dress without being too fussy. A nude lip at work makes me feel polished and keeps the lips moisturized. 

1/2/3/4/5/6
Versatility is key at a pool party. Throw your suit and towel in a bag and wear this to meet everyone. Sunscreen is a must, and I go the extra mile with a hat and sunglasses. Well, sunglasses look incredibly cool too, so I never skip them!


1/2/3/4/5/6 
Every summer, my girlfriends and I play hooky for a day and hit the city. We do a lot of walking, so a sturdy heel and a cross-body bag are musts. By using a bootie, an eye catching cuff and big hoops, the dress skews a bit boho. I am nowhere near boho in my style. This satisfies my need for boho without me feeling like I'm dressed in someone else's clothing.

1/2/3/4/5/6
Got a daytime wedding? Add a chic jeweled cardi for the actual ceremony and then lose it for the party. Gold accessories with a dash of neon take the Valerie dress to the next level. And don't forget your pedi. I love to play with color on my toes, and it's a great conversation starter!

No comments:

Post a Comment