Tuesday, May 13, 2014

In Plain Sight

I was catching up on my Real Housewives this morning over breakfast, and nearly swooned when I saw Heather Dubrow prancing around her new property with this:
Valentino Rockstud Tote
I'm going to get this out of the way first: I adore Heather. She's intelligent and doesn't hide it (hallelujah), she doesn't apologize for having what she has, but is cognizant of the fact that 99% of us don't live like she does, and she has great style! Now, on to the outfit she wore to tromp around in the dust: Yes to everything, but the minute I'm outta that dirt I would add a little chain necklace and put on some cute flats. 

But the thing that makes the whole outfit for me is the Valentino tote. This season, Valentino is all about camo accessories, which works for me, because I'm about camo every season. Camo is a great neutral that I use interchangeably with denim, and camo accessories can add a little edgy feeling to an otherwise understated look. 

Emily Gemma (www.thesweetestthing.com) works that Sanctuary top so well. I especially love the pop of pink, which moves the camo look from edgy to fun and girly. Equipment's camo tee is 100% silk and would look fantastic with a pair of white pants and a denim jacket. I couldn't resist the Michael Stars button down. And it's on sale!
I love the sequin top Catherine (www.smalltownbigwardrobe.com) paired with Gap's skimmer jeans! It's a great date night look and elevates the pants from day to night. Looking at the roundup above, it seems that I've mentally hopped on the "looser fit" trend; I didn't even realize I'd chosen boyfriend/slouchy styles until I started writing. Huh. Luckily, I think I have a pair of boyfriend-ish camo pants hiding out in my closet. Adding an unexpected top will be my go-to for a dinner with the hubby. 




No comments:

Post a Comment