Monday, May 5, 2014

Macaroni and Crayons

Mother's Day is nigh...and I always wonder...did I get the right thing? Which is why I love a wishlist. Sure, not a lot of thought goes into the gift from the giver, but you know you are buying exactly what your friend/loved one/Mom wants. Here's what is on my wishlist, besides my fabulous hand-crafted macaroni necklaces and hand drawn cards. I treasure those and promise to Instagram an entire pile of mother's day gifts that I can't bear to part with.

1/2/3/4/5/6/7
1. Joie's iconic Alicia tank has been jazzed up with an allover lips print. I want this top in every color and print, but must have this one immediately!
2. In the last three weeks I have tried on tons of fedora hats. Specifically, raffia fedora hats. I really want something other than a ball cap for the pool, as I am trying to break out of my lazy rut in every aspect of my life. This Kate Spade version is dashing and irreverent.
3. I have had my eye on Monica Vinader's Baja ring for some time. Now that it's available in white agate, I may be pulling it off the wishlist on my own. I love mixing white agate with summer colors. This ring looks like a patch of happy sunshine to me.
4. I have no idea what I'd do with these pants, but I want them. I'm sure I'd figure it out. They are so 70's chinoise glam and I can't stop staring at them. Is that a good reason to have something on my wishlist? Hell yes!
5. I saw this zodiac pendant last summer and have been thinking about it for nearly a year. It's long, on a 30" chain and substantial without being bulky, and is definitely missing from my jewelry box. Oh, I'm a Leo if you're curious.
6. When you don't want to wear jean shorts...but really want to wear jean shorts. These chambray shorts are perfect. I think of them as elevated jean shorts.
7. My white agate obsession continues with Kanupriya's Moon Drop earrings. What really gets me is the mix of dark crystals and yellow gold highlighting the white agate. These babies just edge out the Rhapsody earrings, but I'd take either...or both!

Off to buy some Mother's Day gifts!

No comments:

Post a Comment